UI policies offer an alternative to client scripts for dynamically changing information on a form. Administrators and users with the Personalize Rules [personalize_rules] or the UI policy administrator [ui_policy_admin] role can use UI policies to define custom process flows for tasks.
Creating a UI Policy:
Create UI policies to dynamically change information on a form. You can create UI policies for tables, for tables that are in a different scope than the UI policy record, you can create UI policy actions only for fields in the same scope as the UI policy, and you cannot make a field mandatory or define scripts.
Procedure to Create:
- Navigate to System UI > UI Policies.
- Click New.
- Select the Table Name in Table field.
- Fill the Short description field.
- Click update. Now the form will be reload.
- Below the Related list UI Policy Action will be there. Click New to create new UI Policy Action.
- In this form select the Field Name which we want to make Mandatory, Visible or Read only.
- Choose the field values Mandatory, Visible or Read only as your condition.
- Click Submit to apply UI Policy Action.
- Update the UI Policy.